1907 - 1997 (90 years)
||Kathleen Ellen Freeney  |
||24 Aug 1907
||Delmar, DE [3, 4]
||26 Dec 1997
||12 Sep 2012 |
||Thomas Barton Freeney, b. 22 Feb 1884, Wicomico County, MD , d. 4 Jan 1950, Delmar, MD (Age 65 years) |
||Sara Jane Webster, b. 10 Aug 1887, Quantico, Wicomico, MD , d. 1 Aug 1954, Salisbury, MD (Age 66 years) |
||18 Jun 1906 [6, 7]
||Barton and Sarah Freeney|
||Freeney Family Tree|
By Marguerite Freeney Howard
||Freeney Family Bible - Marriages|
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Photo Narration by Lynn Howard Howell|
Recorded in November 2002, Lynn Howard Howell describes photos taken cir 1939 in Maryland of herself, her parents, William Lawrence Howard, M.D., and Marguerite Freeney Howard, her aunt Kathleen Freeney, and her grandparents Thomas Barton Freeney and Sarah Webster Freeney. (requires flash player)
- Obituary Baltimore Sun December 27,1998:
Kathleen Freeney Herget, 91, homemaker
Kathleen Freeney Herget, who loved to play bridge and wrote thank-you notes to her last day, died Friday at her Baltimore residence at the age of 91.
Born in Delmar, she attended Goucher College for a year before graduating from Penn State College of Optometry and joining her father, Thomas Barton Freeney, in his optometry practice in the Eastern Shore town for five years.
She became a homemaker after her marriage to Charles Edward Herget. They had been married for 40 years when he died in 1977. A Methodist most of her life, Mrs. Herget converted to Catholicism when she was 82.
In addition to playing bridge, Mrs. Herget's greatest pastime was spending time with her three granddaughters, Melissa Ruth Niquette, Stacey Elizabeth Taylor and Kelly Herget Spilman. In addition, she had two great-granddaughters and two great-grandsons.
Her son and only other immediate survivor, Charles E. "Ted" Herget Jr. of Baltimore, remembered his mother as an old-fashioned lady who tried to follow prim social rules. She taught him to always write thank-you notes. On Christmas Day, before she passed away with her son at her side, Mrs. Herget was writing thank-you notes for gifts she had received.
A Mass of Christian burial will be offered at 10 a.m. tomorrow at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen, 5300 N. Charles St.
"....my aunt Kathleen..." photo narrative by Cara Lynn HOWARD. 
- [S2] JSH Feb 13 2003 gedcom, John S. Howell, Jr.
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org).
- [S815] 1930 U.S. Census, T. Barton Freeney household, Delmar, Wicomico, MD, age 22 months (Reliability: 0).
- [S1512] Freeny (Freeney) Family Bible, Thomas B. Freeny Sr & Emily Goslee Freeny, (Holy Bible containing the Old and New Testaments, translated out of the original tongues. New York, American Bilble Society, 1873. In our archives - received June 2008. Also contained photos, postcards, cloth pieces, and a wrapped lock of hair between the pages. All in my files.), "Born August 24th, 1907 Kathleen Ellen Freeney, daughter of Thomas Barton and Sara Webster Freeney" (Reliability: 0).
- [S1631] Baltimore Sun, Obituary, 27 Dec 1997 (Reliability: 0).
- [S477] Marguerite Freeney Howard, Marguerite Freeney Howard, DAR Application (Reliability: 3).
- [S1512] Freeny (Freeney) Family Bible, Thomas B. Freeny Sr & Emily Goslee Freeny, (Holy Bible containing the Old and New Testaments, translated out of the original tongues. New York, American Bilble Society, 1873. In our archives - received June 2008. Also contained photos, postcards, cloth pieces, and a wrapped lock of hair between the pages. All in my files.), "Married June 18 - 1906 by Rev Zack Webster. Thomas Barton Freeney Jr to Sarah J. Webster" (Reliability: 0).
- [S1631] Baltimore Sun, Obituary, 27 Dec 1998 (Reliability: 0).