1861 - 1958 (96 years)
||Margaret Stone [4, 5] |
||11 Oct 1861
||Chatham, Kent County, Ontario, Canada [5, 6, 7]
||Nurse  |
||2 Jan 1958 
||Maple Leaf Cemetery, Chatham, Ontario 
||1 Feb 2006 |
||Thomas Stone, b. 2 Feb 1827, Brockville, Elizabethtown Township, Leeds County, Upper Canada , d. 17 Oct 1899, his residence 277 Queen St. Chatham, Ontario (Age 72 years) |
||Adelaide Spencer, b. 22 Feb 1833, d. 9 Mar 1871 (Age 38 years) |
||23 Jun 1857
||Chatham, Kent County, Ontario, Canada
- At the residence of the Bride's mother by the Rev. A. McCall, Chatham. 
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Margaret Stone, Jane S.|
Jane S wife of Thomas Stone died Dec 2 1855 aged 23 years 11 months and 23 days
Margaret daughter of Thomas and Adelaide born Oct 11 1861 died Jan 11 1958
||Stone Family monument|
Stone Family monument in "Ward B", Maple Leaf Cemetery, Chatham, ON. Chatham-Kent Cemeteries notes "Location - Look for the large granite monument along the road with a huge statue on top. (Moore). This stone is a short distance toward the creek from there."
||"LANNOY" by Margaret Stone (1851-1958).
1 MB pdf file.|
She is the author of this typwritten manuscript written cir 1931 that starts with the ancestors of Philippe de Lannoy who came to America on the vessel "Fortune" in 1621, and traces his descendants to our Stone family in Canada. There are also transcriptions of the entries in Thomas Stone's (1799-?) bible from Ireland.
- Called "Auntie Mag" by J. Spencer Howell who recalled that she was very interested in her genealogy -- but the interest seemed to dwindle when she found out that one of her ancestors was hung for sheep stealing ! (I'm not aware of who this was)
D. McKeough notes:
"A graduate of the Public General Hospital, Chatham" "in her 97th year, St. Mary's Hospital, London funeral service Logan Funeral Home, London." "Auntie Mag" was a frequent visitor to "Auntie Maude Stone" when I was young. "Diary Vol. III, pg. 1009 7 Jan 1923 - Maggie Stone (who now resides in New York, now here for the holidays). Dad said that she nursed all the Stones and other relatives."
"She was an outstanding nurse" [8, 10]
- [S2] JSH Feb 13 2003 gedcom, John S. Howell, Jr.
- [S469] JSH, JSH Jr., D. McKeough chart.
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ email@example.com).
- [S468] Darcy McKeough, W. Darcy McKeough, Chart pages included with letter to John S. Howell, Jr. dated 25 Feb, 2003. (Reliability: 3).
- [S791] Maggie Stone's Delano to Stone History, Margaret Stone (1851-1958), (Aug. 1931 http://www.jhowell.com/pics/LannoyByMargaretStoneLowRes.pdf).
- [S468] Darcy McKeough, W. Darcy McKeough.
- [S622] 1881 Canadian Census, (1881) (Reliability: 3).
Place: Chatham Town
Given Name: Maggie
- [S468] Darcy McKeough, W. Darcy McKeough, 24 Sep 2004 letter and tree to JSHJr. (Reliability: 0).
- [S468] Darcy McKeough, W. Darcy McKeough, Letter to JSHJr dated Sep 24, 2004 with Stone Tree draft (Reliability: 0).
- [S192] J Spencer Howell - Interviews with JSHJr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (Personal interviews with Dad.).