1821 - 1896 (75 years)
||John Selby Goslee [3, 4, 5, 6] |
||24 Aug 1821
||Somerset County, MD [3, 7]
||Wicomico County, MD
||31 Aug 1896
||Wicomico County, MD [3, 7]
||St. Stephen's Cemetery, Sussex Co., Delmar, DE [9, 10]
||19 Nov 2009 |
||Ann Maria Whittington Bothum, b. 19 Nov 1826, Somerset County, MD , d. 13 Oct 1894, Wicomico County, MD (Age 67 years) |
||Aug 1843 
|+||1. John William Goslee, b. 1846, d. 1907 (Age 61 years)|
|+||2. Margaret Virginia "Jennie" Goslee, b. Abt 1848, Somerset County, MD , d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||3. Emily Goslee, b. 16 Dec 1849, Somerset County, MD , d. 10 Aug 1923, Wicomico County, MD (Age 73 years)|
|+||4. Julia Ann Goslee, b. 13 Dec 1851, d. 28 Mar 1940 (Age 88 years)|
|+||5. Sydney Parsons Goslee, b. Abt 1853, d. 1936 (Age ~ 83 years)|
| ||6. Alice Goslee, b. Abt 1855, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||7. Mary Alice Goslee, b. Abt 1856, d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||8. Martha Ellen Goslee, b. 18 Feb 1858, d. 9 Jan 1934 (Age 75 years)|
|+||9. Thomas Washington Goslee, b. Abt 1858, d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||10. Elizabeth Jane Goslee, b. Apr 1860, d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||11. Ruth Linwood Goslee, b. 11 Nov 1862, d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||12. Franklin Grant Goslee, b. 12 Apr 1865, MD , d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||13. Lily Ermina Goslee, b. 20 May 1868, d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||14. Ina Maud Goslee, b. 11 Oct 1870, d. Yes, date unknown|
||30 Sep 2009 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Docket notes p. 53 sec 556:
"John Selby Goslee's original American ancestors were 3 Goslee brothers settling in Somerset County and contributing to (the) building fund of Old Green Hill Church built in 1733."
"Thomas Chase born 1709 was rector of Green Hill when church was built, living at Lemon HIll, Salisbury, Maryland, at the time, Salisbury being laid out in 1732. Rev. Thomas Chase father of Samuel Chase, Maryland Signer of Declaration of Independence, later moved to Baltimore as rector of Old St. Paul's, Charles St. about 1749, to better educate his son Samuel (born in Lemon Hill aforementioned) at St. John's College, Annapolis, Marlyland" (JSH note: see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Chase )
"Geo. W. Hearn Homestead once property of Uncle Leon Mills, relation of John Selby Goslee's mother, and also prior to that the property of a family named 'Shears?? ' and further known as 'Bally Shannie' "
Ann Howard notes:
The home of Anne Maria Whittington Bothum and John Goslee was named BALLA SHANNON according to court records. Marguerite FREENEY Howard also chose that name for the house she and William Lawrence Howard, M.D. owned on Riverside Drive, Salisbury, MD.
David Howell, grandson of Marguerite, and his wife Vicki continue the Balla Shannon tradition for the name their beautiful farm on Church Creek, in Cambridge, MD
Marguerite Freeney Howard located the graves of her grandparents, and great grandparents on an old farm in very bad shape and had them moved to the family plot in St. Stephen's Cemetery in Delmar (MD). 
- [S2] JSH Feb 13 2003 gedcom, John S. Howell, Jr.
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ email@example.com).
- [S477] Marguerite Freeney Howard, Marguerite Freeney Howard, DAR Application (Reliability: 3).
- [S671] 1880 U.S. Census, MD, Wicomico, District 94, Page 13, age 58, Farmer (Reliability: 0).
- [S689] 1850 U.S. Census, MD, Somerset, Salisbury District, age 28, farmer. (Reliability: 0).
- [S977] 1860 U.S. Census, "Selby Goslee, age 55" (Reliability: 0).
- [S1562] Docket, Unknown, (Among the effects of W.L. Howard, M.D. - a leather bound journal with "DOCKET" imprinted on the spine. 14" H x 9" D x 2" W. Cir 1910-1911. Entries are made in pen and pencil. Many notes relate to legal matters, and also records some genealogy in detail for Goslee, Mills, Whittington, Bothum and other families. 400 pages. (most are blank.) In the posession of John S. Howell, Jr.), p. 53 sec. 556. "J. Selby Goslee born August 24, 1821 - died August 31, 1896" (Reliability: 0).
- [S689] 1850 U.S. Census, farmer (Reliability: 0).
- [S518] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org), Gravestone photo on file (Reliability: 0).
- [S997] Graveyards & Gravestones of Wicomico, John E. Jacob, (1971 - Published by The Salisbury Advertiser, Salsibury, MD 21801), p. 87 John S. Goslee Family graveyard in 1971 - grave later moved to St. Stephens by Marguerite Freeney (Reliability: 0).
- [S998] Wicomico County Maryland 1878 Directory, (http://www.ls.net/~newriver/md/wico1878.htm), Listed as "Goslee, Selby" Farmer, Salisbury (Reliability: 0).