Abt 1829 - Yes, date unknown
||Margaret Merion [2, 3, 4] |
||Pennsylvania [5, 6]
||She is 41 years old in the 1870 census, and 45 years old in the 1880 census. |
||Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA 
|Second Street Road |
||Germantown, Philadelphia, PA 
||Yes, date unknown
||6 Feb 2011 |
||Jacob Boyer, b. Abt 1815, Rowlandville, Philadelphia Co., Pennsylvania , d. 1872, Olney, PA (Age ~ 57 years) |
- The 1850 census shows that Margaret Merion, age 21 is living in the household of Jacob Boyer, along with George Boyer, age 2, and two others named John and Elizabeth Butler (no known relation). Jacob's wife in future census' (including 1860 and 1870) is named Margaret, and the ages mach Margaret Merion's age in the 1850 census - so it is on this basis that we conclude for now that Margaret Boyer was Margaret Merion before her marriage to Jacob Boyer sometime between the 1850 census and the birth of her first child cir 1851.
A fascinating glimpse at family life is provided in the 1870 census which shows the children in the family - even Lizze, age 13 - as "Works in Wollen Mill". Bill Boyer thinks perhaps this was Whitaker's Mill in the Olney section of Philadelphia. 
| ||1. Anna Boyer, "Annie", b. Abt 1851, Pennsylvania , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Sarah Boyer, "Sallie", b. Abt 1853, Pennsylvania , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Elizabeth Boyer, "Lizzie", b. Abt 1857, Pennsylvania , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||4. Jacob Boyer, b. 1859, Pennsylvania , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||5. Henry Boyer, b. Abt 1862, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||6. John Boyer, b. Abt 1865, d. Abt 1933 (Age ~ 68 years)|
| ||7. Aldelbert Boyer, "Del", b. Abt 1867, d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||8. Aleah Boyer, "Leah", b. Oct 1869, Pennsylvania , d. Abt 1932 (Age ~ 62 years)|
|+||9. Brunner H. Boyer, b. Abt 1872, d. Aft 1920 (Age ~ 49 years)|
||30 Nov 2005 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||1850 Census - Jacob Boyer Family|
1850 Census image, Bristol Township in the County of Philadelphia.
Dwelling number 318, Family number 320.
Enumerated 28 August, 1850
(Bristol Twp., Philadelphia County, was located just east of Germantown. The present day neighborhoods of East and West Oak Lane, Fern Rock and Logan are where the old Bristol Township was.)
Persons listed as being in the same "family" were (order below is same as census order):
Jacob Boyer, age 34, Saw grinder, born PA, "married within the year" not indicated.
George Boyer, age 2, born PA
Margaret Merion, age 21, born PA, "married within the year" not indicated.
John Butler, age 32, Saw grinder, Born Ireland
Elizabeth Butler, age 30, born England
||1860 Census - Jacob Boyer family|
P. 17 1st district, 22nd Ward, Philadelphia County, PA
Enumerated 8 Jun 1860, Post office: "Germantn"
All born in PA
Jacob Boyer, 42, Laborer
Jacob, 9 months
||1870 Census (1st enumeration) Jacob Boyer Family|
1870 Census - Philadelphia County, Ward 22, District 71 Germantown Post Office. Enumerated 14 July 1870
Jacob Boyer, age 55, Laborer, both parents born in USA, born PA, male citizen of US 21 or over
Margaret, age 41, both parents born in USA, born PA
George, age 23, Gardener, born PA, male citizen of US 21 or over.
Annie, age 19, Works in wollen mill, born in PA
Sallie, age 17, Works in wollen mill, born in PA
Lizzie, age 13, Works in wollen mill, born in PA
Jacob, age 11, born in PA, attended school within the year
Henry, age 8, born in PA, attended school within the year
John, age 5, born in PA
Delbert, age 3, born in PA
Aleah, age 9 months, born in PA, born within the past year in October.
||1870 Census (2nd Enumeration) Jacob Boyer Family|
Page 6, 71 District, Philadelphia County, PA
"Fishers Lane" appears at top of page. No enumeration date or other details on individuals provided.
Jacob Boyer, age 55, Farmer
Marguerite, age 41
George, age 22, Farmer
Annie, age 19
Sarah, age 18
Elizabeth, age 13
Jacob Jr., age 11
Henry, age 8
John, age 6
Aldelbert, age 4
Leah, age 1
||1880 Census - Jacob Boyer family|
Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, PA
Second Street Road
Enumerated 8 June 1880
All below born in PA, Parents born in PA
Margaret Boyer, 45, Widowed,
Annie, 26, daughter, Works in Wollen Mill
Sarah, 24, daughter, Works in Wollen Mill
Elizabeth, 22. daughter, Works in Wollen Mill
John, 14, son, Works in Wollen Mill
Delbert, 12, son, Works in Wollen Mill
Leah, 10, daughter, at school
Brunner, 8, son.
- Reference to her last name "Merion" is in the 1850 census.
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ email@example.com).
- [S690] 1870 U.S. Census, "Maugerite", age 41, 22 Ward, P135, Germantown, Philadelphia, PA (Reliability: 0).
- [S689] 1850 U.S. Census, Last name Merion, age 21 living in same household as Jacob Boyer (Reliability: 0).
- [S977] 1860 U.S. Census, "Margt. age 30" Philadelphia County, Ward 22, District 1, p17, enumerated 8 June, 1860 (Reliability: 0).
- [S690] 1870 U.S. Census, 22 Ward, P135, Germantown, Philadelphia, PA - age 41 (Reliability: 0).
- [S689] 1850 U.S. Census, age 21 (Reliability: 0).
- [S671] 1880 U.S. Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: T9_1181; Family History Film: 1255181; Page: 219B; Enumeration District: 436; Image: 0073. (Reliability: 0).
- [S8] WR Boyer, Conversation 25 Nov 2005. (Reliability: 0).