1583 - 1663 (80 years)
||Francis Cooke [2, 3, 4] |
||of the Mayflower |
||6 Apr 1583
||Blythe, Yorkshire, England [2, 3]
|on the "Mayflower" |
||7 Apr 1663
||Plymouth, MA [2, 3]
||1 Mar 2006 |
||Hester Mahieu, b. 1592, Canterbury, England , d. Aft 18 Jun 1666, Plymouth, MA (Age 74 years) |
||Leiden, Holland [3, 5, 6, 7]
|+||1. John Cooke, of the Mayflower, b. 1607, Leiden, Holland , d. 23 Nov 1695, Dedham, MA (Age 88 years)|
|+||2. Jane Cooke, b. 1615, Leiden, Holland , d. Yes, date unknown|
||17 May 2008 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- "Signer of the Mayflower Compact"
Francis Cooke, born probably in England about 1582, married in Leiden, Holland, (intention June 30, 1603) Hester Mahieu, born between about 1582 and 1588, probably the daughter of Jacques and Jenne/Jeanne (______) Mahieu.
Other than being identified as a bachelor and a "wool comber," little to nothing is known of his early life. He and his son John originally embarked on the Speedwell, but were transferred to the Mayflower. Hester and the other children would follow in the Ann in August 1623. Leading an apparently exemplary life, Francis Cooke was among the signers of the Mayflower Compact, a purchaser in the rights of the London "Adventurers," a freeman, and in general a good citizen frequently called upon and appointed to various committees to perform various duties. He and his wife Hester toiled in this new land for some 40-plus years before leaving their legacy to others that would follow 
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org).
- [S869] Dianna Saario, Dianna Saario, (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=dsaario), http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=dsaario&id=I0252 (Reliability: 0).
- [S633] MayflowerHistory.com, http://www.mayflowerhistory.com/Genealogy/famousdescendants.php (Reliability: 0).
- [S792] Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Cooke (Reliability: 0).
- [S869] Dianna Saario, Dianna Saario, (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=dsaario), http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=dsaario&id=I0253 (Reliability: 0).
- [S873] Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants, George Ernest Bowman, (The Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants,. The Marriage of Francis Cooke at Leyden, in 1603 To Hester Mahieu. Photo of will and commentary, with confirmation that neither had been married before, and mention of later documentation that it was the only marriage of either.), http://www.mayflowerfamilies.com/cooke/fowsrc.htm#575 (Reliability: 0).
- [S1508] Mayflower Descendant V 56, No. 2 - Summer 2007, Ancestry and History of Philip Delano, Born Philippe De Lannoy by George English (Reliability: 0).
Hestera Mahieu , b. Canterbury, Eng. 1582-84; d. MA bef. 1675; m. Leiden July 1603 Francis Cooke , d. Plymouth MA 7 Apr. 1633
- [S872] Mayflower Families - Francis Cooke Family, (http://www.mayflowerfamilies.com/mayflower/francis_cooke_family.htm), http://www.mayflowerfamilies.com/mayflower/francis_cooke_family.htm (Reliability: 0).