1831 - Yes, date unknown
||William Murchy |
||Maine [2, 3, 4, 5]
||Yes, date unknown
||20 May 2006 |
||1st wife of William Murchy, b. Ireland or PA |
|+||1. Amelia Murchy, "Minnie", b. 1862, Pennsylvania , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Peter Murchy, b. Abt 1863, PA , d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||3. Margaret Elizabeth Murchy, b. Oct 1864, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA , d. Oct 1905 (Age ~ 41 years)|
||20 May 2006 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|Born - 1831 - Maine
||William Murchy - 1890 Veteran's Schedule|
Persons who served in the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps of the United States during the war of the rebellion (U.S. Civil War) - Philadelphia, PA. Rank: Private, "Ordinance", Service: 3 years - 1862 to 1865
||William Murchy family - 1880 Census|
(The top part of the image is the bottom of census page 18; the bottom part is the top of census page 19.)
Enumerated 9 & 10 June, 1880, 482nd District, Philadelphia, PA - p. 18 & 19.
William Murchy, age 49, U.S. Soldier, b. Maine, Father b. Scotland, mother b. Scotland - p.18-19, Bridge St., District 482, Philadelphia, PA
Anna, 28/29, wife, housekeeping, self and parents b. PA
Amelia, 18, daughter, servant, b. PA, father b. Maine, mother b. PA.
Peter, age 16, son, app. to Machinist, b. PA, father b. Maine, mother b. PA
George, age 8, son, at school, b. PA, father b. Maine, mother b. PA
Laura, age 3, dau, at home, b. PA, father b. Maine, mother b. PA
Note: Margaret E. is missing
||William Murchy family - 1870 Census (2nd enumeration)|
Enumerated 26 Nov, 1870, 8th Precinct, 23rd Ward, Arsenal, Bustleton Post Office, Philadelphia, PA
Wm. Murchy, age 40
Annie, age 20
Minnie, age 8
Peter, age 6
Margaret, age 5
Ann Wright, age 75
- The 1880 census lists him as a U.S. Soldier at the Frankford Arsenal. He was born in Maine, and his parents born in Scotland.
Appears at house 20, family 21, on the 1890 Veteran's Schedule of persons who served during "the war of the rebellion" (U.S. Civil War). His dates of service were 1 October 1862 to 1 Oct 1865. (His entry stands out because most others list their Company (i.e. A, B, C...), and Regimnet (i.e. 124th PA Infantry) while his just stated "Ordinance."
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org).
- [S864] 1900 U.S. Census, Margaret Carlin lists her father b. Ireland - 1900 census, Philadelphia, PA 4 Jun 1900, Bridge St., Census district 537, Ward 23 of City (Reliability: 0).
- [S939] 1870 Census - Second Enumeration, Age 40, (living in the Arsenal) (Reliability: 0).
- [S671] 1880 U.S. Census, daughter Minnie lists her father b. Maine in 1880 census. (Reliability: 0).
- [S671] 1880 U.S. Census, age 49, U.S. Soldier, b. Maine, Father b. Scotland, mother b. Scotland - p.18-19, Bridge St., District 482, Philadelphia, PA (Reliability: 0).