1877 - Yes, date unknown
||Laura Murchy [2, 3, 4] |
||Yes, date unknown
||6 Dec 2005 |
|Born - 1877 - Pennsylvania
||William Murchy family - 1880 Census|
(The top part of the image is the bottom of census page 18; the bottom part is the top of census page 19.)
Enumerated 9 & 10 June, 1880, 482nd District, Philadelphia, PA - p. 18 & 19.
William Murchy, age 49, U.S. Soldier, b. Maine, Father b. Scotland, mother b. Scotland - p.18-19, Bridge St., District 482, Philadelphia, PA
Anna, 28/29, wife, housekeeping, self and parents b. PA
Amelia, 18, daughter, servant, b. PA, father b. Maine, mother b. PA.
Peter, age 16, son, app. to Machinist, b. PA, father b. Maine, mother b. PA
George, age 8, son, at school, b. PA, father b. Maine, mother b. PA
Laura, age 3, dau, at home, b. PA, father b. Maine, mother b. PA
Note: Margaret E. is missing
- WR Boyer notes:
She had a job with the US Government and traveled a lot - mostly in Montana and North Dakota. Never married. She stayed with us for a while in Olney (Philadelphia), PA at our home on 5405 N. Front St. She later moved in with Dolores and James Stevenson. Lived to be quite old - perhaps in her 90's (but hard to tell), and died from a stroke while at Dolores Stevenson's home.
Wendy Smythe notes:
Spinster. Very old when she died. Half sister ,same Father as Margaret different mothers. Father immigrant from Ireland. Retired from the Us Land Office.
In S. Dakota had an accident and retired to California until she experienced her first earthquake at which time she got on a train and went to St. Petersburg, Florida. Died in mid 1960's in Oreland, while visiting Edith. [5, 6, 7]
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ email@example.com).
- [S563] Wendy HINSDALE Smythe, Email April 26, 2004 to JSHJr. (Reliability: 0).
From: Wendy Smythe [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 8:30 PM
To: John and Susan Howell (John and Susan Howell)
Subject: Cemeteries and Stuff
It just occurred to me that Aunt Laura Murchie (sister of Margaret Murchie) died in Orlean, Pa. while visiting Dolores Stevenson. Perhaps there is a cemetery that would have her last name spelled correctly in that town. I never heard of the town but it must be near Phila.
- [S8] WR Boyer, Telephone conversation 28 Apr 2004 (Reliability: 0).
Bill Boyer recalled: "She called herself Laura Murchie because she said that is the name that was on her birth certificate, but she thought her name was really Murphy and that it was just misspelled by her parents. She said she never heard of anyone having the name Murchie, and that it was ridiculous that she should have that name."
- [S671] 1880 U.S. Census, age 3, daughter, b. PA, father b. Maine, mother b. PA - p.18-19, Bridge St., District 482, Philadelphia, PA (Reliability: 0).
- [S8] WR Boyer, Telephone conv. 28 Apr 2004 (Reliability: 0).
- [S563] Wendy HINSDALE Smythe, email 30 Apr 2004 to JSHJr (Reliability: 0).
- [S8] WR Boyer, email 6 Dec 2005 to JSH re "I met and knew Laura Murchy." (Reliability: 0).