1841 - 1916 (74 years)
||Zebina Burk [2, 3] |
||13 Aug 1841
||Dalrlington, Durham, ON, Canada 
||21 Jun 1916 
||Burk Cemetery, Hrwich Twp, Kent Co., ON, Canada 
||25 Jan 2011 |
|Born - 13 Aug 1841 - Dalrlington, Durham, ON, Canada
||"Burk Old Timers" (large)|
The note that came with the photo read: The photo was taken in Blenheim Ontario. It has "5 sons + one daughter of James Burk" written across the bottom. The people in this photo are old, and named as: Solomon Burk, Zebina (?) Burk, Silas B. John B. Dolly (Mrs. Hartford) and Elijah Burk Born Jan. 8 1838 Married Feb 2, 1862. On the reverse are some family dates that were "narrated June 17 1961 Ada Burk Wife of Owen Burk". The dates on the reverse look to be the children of Elijah Burk.
||"Burk Old Timers"|
back (top half)
||"Burk Old Timers"|
back (bottom half)
- Bob Betts writes:
I came across the obituary of Zebina who appears to have descended from Francis's son James. It follows for your information.
Obituary : Blenheim News Tribune June 28, 1916
Died In The Harness
The late Zebina Burk, who passed away last Wednesday, met his end just
as he had so often expressed a desire that it should come. He was
working in his garden in the afternoon when he was overcome with a heart
affection, and passed away unexpectedly the same evening. He had spent
a life of 75 years of honesty, industry and usefulness to the community,
and leaves a memory of which his family will have reason to feel proud
as long as they live.
Zebina Burk was born near Bowmanville, but had spent nearly all his life
on the homestead where he passed away, on the Fourth Line, Harwich. He
was the youngest of a family of twelve, of whom the oldest brother and
the oldest sister now alone survive: Solomon Burk of this town, and Mrs.
S. Hartford, Fourth Line. His wife predeceased him by about 21 years,
her end coming unexpectedly, too.
The surviving family include four sons and five daughters, viz: B.G. at
Ouvry; A.H. Kent Centre; James at the homestead; Sim. E., at Erie Beach;
Mrs. N. Horton and Mrs. Aloz. Jeffrey, Kent Centre; Mrs. E. W. Knight
Blenheim; Mrs. Lawrence Lee Chatham, and Mrs. Fred. Todd of Cleveland.
Mrs. Fred. Nichols, of Ypsilanti, N.D., who passed away a few years ago,
was also a daughter.
The funeral service was delayed until Sunday so as to wait for the
arrival of Mr. Nichols and two taughters. Rev. J.W. Currie and Mr. T.B.
Shillington conducted the ceremony, a large concourse of friends and
relatives being present to show their respect to the departed.
Interment took place in the Burk Cemetery. The pall bearers were six
grandsons, viz: Harold and Roy Burk, Harley Burk, Milo Horton, Zebina
and Stanley Jeffrey. 
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ email@example.com).
- [S969] Graham Stewart, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Photo taken in Blenheim, ON (Reliability: 0).
- [S948] Ancestry OneWorldTree, (Ancestry.com), http://trees.ancestry.com/owt/person.aspx?pid=46379047 (Reliability: 0).
- [S1602] Blenheim News Tribune, Issue June 28, 1916. (Reliability: 0).
- [S863] Erin Worsham, Erin Worsham, (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=eworsham), http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:2422557&id=I516456259 (Reliability: 0).
- [S1603] Bob Betts, Bob Betts, (email@example.com), email to JSHJr. 2010 via website. (Reliability: 0).