1848 - 1925 (77 years)
||Frederick Howard [3, 4, 5, 6, 7] |
||Hyde, England 
||18 Apr 1854
||New York, NY [6, 7]
|from Liverpool, England on the ship Coosawattee |
|US citizenship |
||Manayunk, PA 
|Age 22 |
||Denton, Caroline County, Maryland 
|Appears on the 1920 Census, age 72 |
||Williston, MD 
||6 Dec 1925
||Caroline County, MD, USA 
||Abt 6 Dec 1925
||Hillcrest Cem, Federalsburg, Caroline Co., MD 
||3 Apr 2017 |
||Sarah "Sallie" Priscilla Andrew, b. Abt 1853, Delaware , d. 15 Dec 1925, Williston, Caroline Co., MD (Age ~ 72 years) |
||Y  |
|+||1. John W. Howard, b. 18 Feb 1876, Caroline Co, MD , d. 19 Mar 1937, Caroline Co, MD (Age 61 years)|
|+||2. Hannah M. Howard, b. 1 Nov 1878, d. 4 Sep 1961 (Age 82 years)|
|+||3. Sadie Howard, b. 16 Dec 1881, d. 16 Jan 1967 (Age 85 years)|
|+||4. Frank N. Howard, b. 29 Oct 1885, d. 16 Jan 1969 (Age 83 years)|
| ||5. Harry Haskins|
||Obituary - Frederick and Sarah Howard|
||30 Sep 2009 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|Born - 1848 - Hyde, England
|Lived in - 1854 - Philadelphia, PA
|Immigrated - from Liverpool, England on the ship Coosawattee - 18 Apr 1854 - New York, NY
|Census - Appears on the 1920 Census, age 72 - 1920 - Denton, Caroline County, Maryland
|Moved - - Williston, MD
|Died - 6 Dec 1925 - Caroline County, MD, USA
||1870 Census - John Howard family p.1|
Living in Manayunk, PA
||1854 Ship "Coosawattee" passenger list|
John Howard, Sarah, Frederick, Alfred and James are listed as #2 - #6.
||1860 Census - John Howard family|
Living in Leverington, Philadelphia, PA John (33), Sarah (31), Frederick (12), Alfred (10), James (6), Sevena (2), John W (1 month).
- From a MD or DE newspaper article (clip on file) written cir Dec 1950:
"page four - 25 Years Ago - News Items Taken From The Journal Of 25 Years Ago This Week"
"The funeral of Mr. Frederick Howard, who died December 6th, after a lingering illness, was held at the home in Williston, on December 9th, and was largely attended. Rev. L. I. Tafel, of the New Church, spoke feelingly of the life and character of the deceased. Mr. Howard was born in England 77 years ago and came to the United States with his parents when a boy of 6. His family settled in Philadelphia and engaged in the manufacture of plush and other fabric. When a young man, Mr. Howard came to Caroline, where he married Miss Sarah Priscilla Andrews. Four children of the marriage survive -- Mr. John W. Howard, Mrs. William T. Love, Mrs. Edward B. Maloney and Mr. Frank Howard, of this county, and an adopted son, Mr. Harry Haskins, of New York. Two brothers. Mr. John Howard of Pennsylvania and Mr. James Howard of New Jersey, also survive. An only sister died in her youth. Interment was made in Federalsburg cemetery."
"On December 15th, Mrs. Sarah P. Howard, widow of Frederick Howard, who preceded her by only ten days, died at Williston, aged 73 years. She was a daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Ager Andrews, who were Delawareans. She has two sisters, Mrs. Mary Lizzie Legates, of Federalsburg, and Mrs. C. T. White, of Philadelphia. Mrs Howard made many friends by her happy disposition. Se expressed a desire when her husband died not to stay here without him. 'So God took her.' Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend the funeral from her home on Saturday, December 19th, at 1 o'clock. Interment will be made at Federalsburg."
1880 US Census indicates he and his parents were born in England.
His grandson William L. Howard recalls:
"Immigrated to America at age 6"
"Frederick Howard and his wife Sallie had 60 acre farm near the Howard School House and near the road between Martin Grove and Denton, MD. (The origin of the Howard School House is unknown to WLH. Note: the Howard School house is about 5 miles from the Old Country School in American Corner, where WLH went until 6th grade then went to Federalsburg school)"
"After the children were grown, he moved to Williston" 
- [S2] JSH Feb 13 2003 gedcom, John S. Howell, Jr.
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org).
- [S721] Howard Tree 31 p. Manuscript, Paul Howard with comments by W.L.Howard, M.D., (Privately compiled. 31 pages. Spiral bound with Howard crest on cover.), p. 29 (Reliability: 3).
- [S503] WL Howard MD - Interview.
- [S671] 1880 U.S. Census, MD, Caroline Co. P.6, Dist 4, age 32 (Reliability: 0).
- [S826] 1920 US Census, Denton, Caroline Co., MD, age 72, immigrated to USA 1854, naturalized citizen 1869 (Reliability: 0).
- [S1223] Newspaper Article - Williston, MD - titled 25 Years Ago, (JSH files - clipping. Name of paper unknown. Pub date cir Dec 1950. Prob. Willistown, MD), in JSH files (Reliability: 0).
- [S690] 1870 U.S. Census, Frederick Howard
Age in 1870: 22
Birth Year: abt 1848
Home in 1870: Philadelphia Ward 21 Dist 70 (2nd Enum), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Post Office: Manayunk
Value of real estate: View image
Frederick How (Reliability: 3).
- [S826] 1920 US Census, Denton, Caroline Co., MD, age 72 (Reliability: 0).
- [S503] WL Howard MD - Interview, Oct 2003 (Reliability: 0).
- [S740] Todd, E. Parker, E. Parker Todd, (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~carolines/), http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=trishaann&id=I43881 (Reliability: 3).
- [S743] Paul Howard, Nov 3, 1992 letter to WL Howard, M.D. (Reliability: 3).
- [S671] 1880 U.S. Census, MD, Caroline Co. P.6, Dist 4 (Reliability: 0).