Abt 1652 - 1711 (~ 59 years)
||James Spencer [2, 3] |
||Abt 1652 
||23 Nov 1711 
||30 Sep 2009 |
||Sarah, bur. 14 Aug 1693 |
| ||1. Sarah Spencer, c. 14 Oct 1673, Ashover, Derbyshire, England , d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||2. Hannah Spencer, c. 13 Jul 1675, Ashover, Derbyshire, England , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. James Spencer, c. 29 Apr 1679, Ashover, Derbyshire, England , d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||4. Timothy Spencer, b. Abt 1687, Tansley, , Derbyshire, England , d. 10 Apr 1771 (Age ~ 84 years)|
| ||5. Thomas Spencer, c. 24 Jun 1687, Ashover, Derbyshire, England , d. Yes, date unknown|
||30 Sep 2009 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- From "Pedigrees" by Thomas Norris Ince 1799-1860:
"03 James SPENCER of the parish of Ashover anno 1679 & before. living in 1686 04 Sarah his wife"
"11 & 12 Mar 1739 Timothy SPENCER & Ann his ux convey House formerly in possession of James SPENCER the eld & his son James & several closes to James BANKs Esq cons[iderati]on £195"
Linda Portwood notes:
"Re James Spencer the elder I have estimated his birth at about 1652. He was buried 23.11.1711. There is no record anywhere of the Marriage of James Spencer & Sarah ? Her surname is unknown. Sarah wife of James was buried 14.8.1693. All events in Ashover Parish Register."
"Further re James Spencer (the elder) married to Sarah ? When I viewed the Parish Register for Ashover, the earliest reference to him was the re the burial of a son - James Spencer buried 7.6.1672. A few children of James and Sarah were buried and therefore not mentioned in the Ince Pedigree."
"Pre 1672 the Parish Records for Ashover are very fragmented, it is impossible for us to trace any further using this record. There are several references re Ashover on the Internet which refer to a battle during the Civil War, between Cromwell's soldiers and the Kings men in Ashover and that the Church Records were destroyed by Cromwell's soldiers. Within the fragmented surviving pieces of the records, dating back to earlier 1600's , several other Spencer's are mentioned, unfortunately they cannot be connected together." [2, 3, 4]
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org).
- [S1501] Wirksworth Parish Records 1600-1900, John Palmer, (JohnPalmer@wirksworth.org.uk; ISBN 0953284425), http://www.wirksworth.org.uk/INC-080.htm (Reliability: 0).
- [S1502] John Spencer of Belper, stone mason - pedigree, Thomas Norris Ince, (5 March 1830; Page 083d (258, 286, H929.2/258); Page 084a), http://www.wirksworth.org.uk/INC-080.htm (Reliability: 0).
- [S1500] Linda Portwood, Linda Portwood, (email@example.com), email to JSH 5 May 2008 (Reliability: 0).