1761 - 1848 (~ 86 years)
||Philip Delano [3, 4, 5, 6, 7] |
||14 Jan 1761
||Coventry, Tolland, Connecticut, United States 
||15 Jun 1761
||Tolland, Tolland County, CT [9, 10]
||Y  |
||Saratoga, New York 
|Was said to be Captain of the "Silver Gray's" |
||After the War Of 1812
||New Haven, Oswego County, N.Y. 
|Probably settled in New Haven, NY |
||New Haven, Oswego, New York, United States of America 
||18 Aug 1848
||New Haven, Connecticut, United States 
||prob. New Haven, Oswego County, N.Y.
||23 Jul 2017 |
||Jonathan Delano, III, b. 23 Nov 1735, Coventry, CT d. 28 Sep 1814, Hartford, Windsor, VT (Age 78 years) |
||Anna Parker Ladd, b. 31 Oct 1734, Coventry, CT d. 11 Feb 1816, Hartford, Windsor, VT (Age 81 years) |
||8 Oct 1754
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Esther Boardman, b. 14 Oct 1763, Bolton, Tolland County, CT d. May 1833 (Age 69 years) |
||New Haven, New Haven County, CT
| ||1. Patty Delano, b. 3 Mar 1784 d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Esther Delano, b. Abt 1786 d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||3. Abigail Delano, b. 10 May 1785, prob. Hartford, VT d. 6 Apr 1871, Utica, OH (Age 85 years)|
| ||4. Eliza Delano, b. Abt 1788 d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||5. Harmie Delano, b. 1792 d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||6. Harriett Delano, b. Abt 1794 d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||7. Philip Delano, b. 1796, New Haven, New Haven County, CT d. 28 Mar 1882, Mexico, Oswego County, NY (Age 86 years)|
| ||8. Roxey Delano, b. Abt 1800 d. 26 Mar 1876 (Age ~ 76 years)|
| ||9. Charlotte Delano, b. Abt 1800 d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||10. Polly Delano, b. Abt 1802 d. Abt 1822 (Age ~ 20 years)|
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||30 Sep 2009 |
- Margaret Stone notes:
"Son of Jonathan and Anna Delano, born at Coventry, Conn. Jan 14, 1761, died at New Haven, Oswego Co., N.Y. He probably settled here after the War of 1812. He fought through the revolution and was said to be Captain of the "Silver Grays" of Saratoga, N.Y. in the War of 1812. Married Esther Boardman. They had ten children, nine daughters and one son."
Notes from "History of Oswego County, NY,":
re: Early settlers of New Haven - "Among others who came into town prior to 1813 were Seth Severance, Mitchel Crandall, Ezra Bromley, Ansel Snow, William Griffin, Eliphalet Colt, Elias May, John Wolcott, Daniel and Lyman Hatch, Philip Delano, Samuel Cherry, Lyman Blakesley, and Israel Ransom. The last three, with Mr. Wing, were the first justices appointed for the town of New Haven after its formation." [11, 12]
- [S662] Mayflower Society, Mayflower Descendant v 47 No 1 Jan 1997, page 77.
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org).
- [S662] Mayflower Society, Mayflower Descendant v 47 No 1 Jan 1997, p 76-77.
- [S468] W. Darcy McKeough, Darcy McKeough.
- [S631] Muriel Curtis Cushing, Margaret Harris Stover, Ann S. Lainhart, Philip Delano of the "Fortune" 1621, (Published by General Society of Mayflower Descendants 1999).
ID: I30229 Name: Fanny CHERRY Surname: Cherry Given Name: Fanny Sex: F Birth: ABT 1815 in New Haven, , New York, Usa LDS Baptism: 16 Feb 1995 Temple: LVEGA Endowment: 24 Mar 1995 Temple: LVEGA _UID: B8E4F52C5067D511A8FB99D98CCD12361077 Sealing Child: 13 Apr 1995 Temple: LVEGA Change Date: 28 Feb 2001 at 11:36:08
Father: Samuel CHERRY Jr. b: 10 Oct 1779 in , , New Hampshire, Usa
Mother: Abigail DELANO b: ABT 1787 in , , New York, Usa
Marriage 1 James SANDERSON b: ABT 1811
Married: ABT 1836
ID: I30253 Name: James SANDERSON Surname: Sanderson Given Name: James Sex: M Birth: ABT 1811 LDS Baptism: status: SUBMITTED Endowment: status: SUBMITTED _UID: D0E4F52C5067D511A8FB99D98CCD123628F7 Change Date: 28 Feb 2001 at 11:36:08
Marriage 1 Fanny CHERRY b: ABT 1815 in New Haven, , New York, Usa
Married: ABT 1836
- [S682] Compiled by Edmund West, Family Data Collection - Births, ([database online] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2001.).
Father: Delano, Jonathan
Mother: Ladd, Anna
Birth Date: 14 January 1761
- [S468] W. Darcy McKeough, Darcy McKeough, Chart pages included with letter to John S. Howell, Jr. dated 25 Feb, 2003.
- [S1701] The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, FamilySearch Family Tree (http://www.familysearch.org), ((http://www.familysearch.org)), accessed 23 Jul 2017), entry for Philip Delano, person ID 27PN-KKK.
- [S662] Mayflower Society, Mayflower Descendant v 47 No 1 Jan 1997, p77.
- [S659] John R. Bradfield, Bradfield, (May 1979 -- http://www.jhowell.com/pics/JRBradfieldDelanoLine.pdf), 1761.
- [S791] Margaret Stone (1851-1958), Maggie Stone's Delano to Stone History, (Aug. 1931 http://www.jhowell.com/pics/LannoyByMargaretStoneLowRes.pdf).
- [S1285] Johnson, Crisfield, HIstory of Oswego County NY, (Everett & Ferriss, 1878), http://www.rootsweb.com/~nyoswego/towns/newhaven/index.html.