1668 - 1724 (56 years)
||Thomas Davison [2, 3, 4, 5] |
||1668 [3, 4]
||Ipswitch, Essex, MA 
||2 Dec 1724
||Preston, New London, CT [3, 4]
||8 Mar 2018 |
||Daniel Davison, b. 1630, Scotland d. 1693, Wenham, Essex, MA (Age 63 years) |
||Margaret Lowe, b. 1632, Ipswitch, Essex, MA d. Yes, date unknown |
||13 Apr 1657
||Ipswitch, Essex, MA
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Hannah Tracy, b. 8 Jul 1677, Preston, New London, CT d. Yes, date unknown |
||28 Nov 1695
||Preston, New London, CT [2, 3, 4]
|+||1. Jonathan Davison, b. 30 Aug 1697, Preston, New London, CT d. 1751 (Age 53 years)|
| ||2. Margaret Davison, b. 8 Mar 1699, Preston, New London, CT d. 31 Aug 1727, Preston, New London, CT (Age 28 years)|
|+||3. Thomas Davison, Jr., b. 30 Jan 1702, Preston, New London, CT d. 1751, Pomfret, CT (Age 48 years)|
| ||4. Christopher Davison, b. 23 May 1705, Preston, New London, CT d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||5. John Davison, b. 23 May 1708, Preston, New London, CT d. Sep 1799, Falmouth, Hants, NS (Age 91 years)|
| ||6. Hannah Davison, b. 23 Feb 1711, Preston, New London, CT d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||7. Samuel Davison, b. 8 Oct 1715, Preston, New London, CT d. Yes, date unknown|
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||30 Sep 2009 |
- Apparently from "Colonial Families of the United States" by Mackenzie, III:144
From "Davison Family" by A. A. Davison, M. M. Davison-Rockwood, E. A. Davison-Simpson
"Settled in Preston, Conn., where he owned extensive lands and had numerous
offices. He was received into full communion of the First Baptist Church in
Preston, 1669. Thomas was appointed one of the first gathers for 1698;
appointed surveyor December 20, 1700; surveyor December 8, 1701 and one of the
collectors; March 16, 1705 one of the persons to gather rates; December 25, 1708
chosen lister; December 17, 1708 chosen Selectman; December 14, 1719 chosen
The DesBrisay museum files in Bridgewater, NS, show his father as Nicholas Davidson "b. 1611 England, settled in Charelstown MA". And his brother "Daniel lived in Ipswitch". "Thomas married Hannah Tracey in 1695"
Apparently in "History and Genealogy of the Davisson, Davison, Davidson Families", author A. H. Davison says Thomas' father " Daniel is NOT Daniel the son of Nicholas. THAT Daniel b. c. 1650-1" [7, 8, 9]
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org).
- [S769] Author unknown, DesBrisay Museum Nicolas Davison Tree, (Two page tree, typed.), IMG_0038.jpg.
- [S796] A. H. Davison, Davisson, Davidson Genealogy, (Torch Press, 1935).
- [S797] John Victor Duncanson, Falmouth - A New England Township in Nova Scotia 1760, (Belleville, Ontario: Mika Publishing Company, 1983. pp. 474, supplement, pp. 102).
- [S798] Jim Burrows, Jim and Selma Burrows, (email@example.com, 8 Howard Rd, Maynard, MA 01754), http://home.comcast.net/~burrowses/Genealogy/index.html.
- [S954] Art Davison, Art Davison, (Published on "The Island Register" web site - www.islandregister.com/davison2.html - firstname.lastname@example.org - last updated 18 Sep 2003), http://www.islandregister.com/davison2.html.
- [S796] A. H. Davison, Davisson, Davidson Genealogy, (Torch Press, 1935), http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:2576872&id=I10483.
- [S1080] McKenzie, Colonial Families of the United States, http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:2576872&id=I23978.
- [S1084] A. A. Davison, M. M. Davison-Rockwood, E. A. Davison-Simpson, Davison Family, (78 pages. J. W. Franks & Sons, Printers - Peoria, IL - 1905 to 1939 by Myrtle Mae Davison-Rockwood, Renwick, IA; rearranged and brought up through 1967 by Elsie Arvilla Davison-Simpson, Houston, TX; updated through 2000 by George Edmund Waldron, Naples, FL), http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=edwaldron&id=I316.