1848 - 1888 (39 years)
||Isabelle Mary Campbell [2, 3, 4] |
||17 Aug 1848
||Morpeth, Howard Twp., Kent County, Ontario, Canada [2, 3]
||30 Jan 1888
||Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, Canada [2, 3]
||27 Jul 2017 |
||Peter Campbell, b. 12 Jan 1819, Cove Farm, South Knapdale, Argyllshire, Scotland d. 5 Dec 1915, Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, Canada (Age 96 years) |
||Isabel McLarty, b. 20 Sep 1824, Argyllshire, Scotland d. 11 May 1917, Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, Canada (Age 92 years) |
||6 Feb 1845
||Morpeth, Howard Twp, Kent County, ON, Canada
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Notes from "The Family of James Stephens:"
Isabelle was born on the Campbell homestead located on the 12th concession of Howard in Kent County, Ontario. She attended the Slabtown school on the Talbot Road, about two miles west of Morpeth. It was just a mile and a half from her home going throug hthe woods and fields.
Isabelle was the oldest daughter in the family. As such, she soon became her mother's chief helper in the never-ending tasks of pioneer housekeeping. She was a wonderful cook, her specialty being delicious pies, particularly mince.
Isabelle was talented musically, playing the piano well and possessing a lovely singing voice. It was said that she was a grand girl, good looking and with a kindly manner, especially with children.
In 1882 the family moved to Manitoba and while they were living in Portage la Prairie, she met an married Alfred Jesse Green, a native of Leicester, England. After the wedding beleived to have been in 1886, they went on their honeymoon to Niagra Falls and also visited friends and relatives in Howard. Returning to Manitoba they lived for a time on the Green farm on Portage Creek, then moved to Portage la Prairie where they were residing when their baby daughter arrived on January 22, 1888. Isabelle was quite ill following the birth of the baby. she passed away on January 30th of the same year. 
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ email@example.com).
- [S942] George Stephens, George Stephens, (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&db=jastephens - firstname.lastname@example.org), http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=jastephens&id=I0363.
- [S1125] Emily Campbell Price, Emily Campbell Price, (Manuscript. 71 pp. Extensive research. Includes maps and transcripts of letters describing family relationships. 10 original copies produced and circulated by the author in 1970. PDF copy available at jhowell.com.), p.26.
- [S980] 1851 Canadian Census, Isabella, daughter, born Canada, Baptist, age 4 next birthday.